The IT Technician is primarily responsible for supporting the company in maintaining and upgrading the IT infrastructure. The incumbent will manage the implementation and maintenance of our company’s computing needs and demonstrate a detailed knowledge of industry best practices, information analysis, and a thorough understanding of computer hardware and software systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage day-to-day IT infrastructure and operations.
- Provide hardware, software, connectivity, and access support to team members.
- Collaborate with internal resources and external vendors to resolve issues promptly and to provide team member training as needed.
- Manage, track, and deploy all IT assets including hardware and essential software (updates, assets, and licenses).
- Device selection for incoming employees
- Triage internet-related issues, downtime on automation equipment
- Manage internal security groups.
- Conduct onboarding and offboarding IT activities.
- Support audit requirements in line with compliance and security requests.
- Document, improve, and automate IT processes.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience working in IT operations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- Excellent working knowledge of computer systems, security, network and system administration, and data storage systems.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate with non-technical staff over technical issues.
- Experience with cloud technologies, such as Office 365, SharePoint, Azure, etc.
- Experience with SQL desired.
- Experience with Ignition preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to work in a lab environment and around systems that have high pressure, high voltage, and other such hazards.
- Ability to perform complex assignments with minimum direction and have the judgment to consult with others as needed.
- Organizational and recordkeeping skills.
SALARY & BENEFITS
- Salary range $80,000 -$90,000
- KULR benefits include 100% employer-paid medical insurance, paid holidays, and unlimited PTO
- Come be part of a growing team of thoughtful, smart, and hardworking individuals, creating an exciting and sustainable future!
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. Must be able to: Work in a lab environment requiring long periods of standing, walking, bending, reaching, and lifting up to 50 lbs. Work at a desk and computer, either standing or sitting for up to 8 hours a day. Perform tasks requiring fine motor skills. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate and at times at a high volume.
KULR is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources department at (408) 675-7002 x156.