KULR Technology Group is a publicly traded company (NYSE: KULR) with a vibrant startup dynamic, headquartered in San Diego, CA. Our mission is developing energy management platforms to accelerate the global transition to a circular electrification economy. We create sustainable solutions that benefit humanity using space proven engineering, making the world of batteries and electronics cooler, lighter, and safer. We operate in four verticals: e-mobility, environmental/energy storage, industrial/consumer tools, and aerospace/defense. Our technologies have been deployed by NASA, including the Space Station and Mars Rover.
Description: KULR Technology is seeking a Director of Software Engineering to design, develop, and maintain software applications related to battery management systems, battery data collection and intelligence, and also for vibration reduction programs. Deploy products as standalone applications and develop and deploy cloud-based products. Work directly with VP of Engineering and Chief Technology Officer (CTO) to grow the software engineering team to a sustainable level.
Roles and Responsibilities additions:
- Manage growing team of software engineers.
- Manage cost and schedule associated with all software development endeavors.
- Provide expertise on team growth strategies to meet the growing number of development verticals.
- Design, develop and deploy software applications, including cloud applications
- Maintain software products
- Manage all phases of software projects
Required Skills and Competencies additions:
- 8-10 years minimum experience in the software engineering field.
- B.S. in engineering field required. Graduate degree in software engineering desired.
- Experience leading small and/or large teams through software design cycles and sprints.
- Strong object-oriented design and development skills
- Full-stack web expertise, including both interface design and back end development
- Cloud computing expertise
- C++ and C# expertise
- Software engineering competency, including all phases of development, version management, and software verification and validation
- Strong physics and mathematics skills
Location: San Diego, CA
Salary Range: $165,000 – $175,000
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate and at times at a high volume.
KULR is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. U.S. Citizenship is required or most positions. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources department at (408) 675-7002 x156.