KULR Technology is hiring for a Battery Engineer who will be responsible for full-cycle development of various batteries from design, certification, and production.
- Responsible for the design of module cell configuration, busbar, and electrical connections.
- Select appropriate cells given by electrical, thermal, and mechanical requirements.
- Create BOM and drawings.
- Collaborate with Engineering teams to manage electrical and thermal performance testing of cells.
- Matching of cells for final battery assemble and manage incorporation of BMS.
- In collaboration with mechanical engineers, design housing and electrical connectors.
- Design and execute internal testing processes of prototype battery pack.
- Manage external partnerships for lab certification testing.
- Design functional test for production and work with team to confirm product reliability.
- Work with manufacturing, supply chain, and clients to bring design to production.
- Support production teams as they bring products to market.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Electrical Engineering degree required, battery specialization preferred.
- Basic understanding of Li-ion cell chemistries.
- General understanding of cell, battery assembly and testing.
- Understanding of battery chemistry and associated safety hazards.
- Prior experience with design of battery packs.
- Familiarity and knowledge of battery testing standards.
- Experience working with test labs like UL.
KULR is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. U.S. Citizenship is required or most positions. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources department at (408) 675-7002 x156.